Taco Meal Prep Bowls
Meal prep for the entire week with these healthy Mexican bowls. This saves you money, time, calories – you honestly can’t beat that!
Meal prep really has been making a huge difference to mine and my clients weekly routine.
It saves time and cuts out those cravings which leads to a leaner and happier you.
Now I have created some alternatives to the traditional weekly meal prep.
The first one I want to share is the taco bowl. Because who doesn’t love Mexican food, right?
Except this healthy take on Mexican food combines all the best ingredients and makes a delicious meal prep bowl.
- Firstly, your main protein can be ground beef or ground turkey. If you want to keep it super lean, then use turkey meat.
- Black beans add another layer of protein and are high in dietary fiber.
- The brown rice gives you your good carbs and extra dietary fiber. This will give you sustained energy for the days tasks ahead.
- Tomatoes are an amazing source of vitamin C and potassium.
- And the avocado, an optional ingredient, is full of all the good fats you need in your diet for great skin, hair and lowering your cholesterol levels. ( But I would recommend adding the avocado on the day of serving to prevent any browning ).
Hope you guys enjoy! More meal preps ideas to come! Maybe a thanksgiving bowl?!
Taco Meal Prep Bowls
Yield: 5 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This saves you money, time, calories – you honestly can’t beat that!
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef*
- 2 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15.25-ounces) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add ground beef and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; stir in taco seasoning. Drain excess fat.
- Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with ground beef mixture, black beans, corn and tomatoes.
*Ground turkey can be substituted.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.