Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
It’s official fall so we’re surrounded by that awesome brisk weather, gorgeous autumn leaves and amazing pumpkin recipes left and right. But interrupting this awesome stream of fall highlights is LA’s heatwave. It was about 91 degrees today, and we also had a “carmageddon” situation where they closed down like 10 miles of a major freeway.
So instead of spending the day out stuck in horrendous traffic, I stayed home and feasted on this homemade strawberry frozen yogurt. It’s incredibly easy to make where the only hard part, or annoying part, is hulling the strawberries. Other than that, you seriously throw everything into a blender, run it till it gets smooth, and then freeze it in an ice cream machine.
Yeah, I told you – it’s so easy. Plus, it’s only five ingredients (salt doesn’t count in this), most of which you already have in your pantry.
So if you’re stuck in a heatwave like I am, I highly recommend making this. If you’re surrounded by fall weather, I still suggest making this – it’s an amazing midnight snack that isn’t too heavy on the calories!
Don’t forget to check out the other foodies who are also bringing 5-ingredient dishes to the table today!
Breakfast, Starters, Butters and Jams:
- Pa Jun or Korean Scallion Pancakes – Kimchi Mom
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal – Home Cooking Memories
- GlutenFree Apricot Bacon Onion and Cheese Spread or Dip – Cooking Underwriter
- Caprese Bites – My Catholic Kitchen
- So Simple Pizza Puffs – Hip Foodie Mom
- Toast Topper #11: Allspice Peach Butter – What Smells So Good?
- Strawberry Balsamic Jam – The Messy Baker Blog
- Fresh Basil and Tomato Pasta – I Run For Wine
- Gulasch – Galactosemia in PDX
- Spaghetti with Kale and Sausage – Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Appley Kielbasa – The Meltaways
- Kimchee Fried Rice with Bacon – Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Shrimp Stuffed Potatoes – Juanita’s Cocina
- Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches – Supper for a Steal
- Sun Dried Tomato and Sausage Pasta – Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Pork Loin with Port Shallot Sauce – Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Chipotle Honey Lime Pork Tenderloin – Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Crockpot Chicken Tacos – The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Roasted Shrimp With Chili-Lime Sauce – Magnolia Days
- Peanut Butter Noodles – In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Soy, Orange Juice and Red Wine Marinated Flank – That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Beef Tenderloin with Stilton Pecan Butter – Noshing With The Nolands
- Herbed Butter Pork Chops – Brie’s Bites
- Creamy Ham Linguine – The Daily Dish Recipes
- Pesto, Tomato & Feta Pizza – Momma’s Meals
- Quick Black Bean Burritos – Diabetic Foodie
- Lumachine with Fresh Parmesan and Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce – Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Stuffed Shells – Cravings of a Lunatic
- Potato Kugel – From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Garlic Butter Fried Rice – My Trials in the Kitchen
- Goat Cheese Alfredo – Family Foodie
- Blackened Cajun Chicken with Wild Rice – Sustainable Dad
- Roasted Moroccan Rack of Lamb – Maroc Mama
- Sweet and Nutty Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes – Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Baked Sweet Potato with Maple-Jalapeno – Comfy Cuisine
- Freezable Bacon Egg and Cheese Sandwiches – Big Bear’s Wife
- Grilled Polenta Cakes – Lovely Pantry
- Nutella Ice Cream – Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Mint Ice Cream with Mint M&M’s – The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Grilled Mango Parfait with Greek Yogurt & Silvered Almonds – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Honey Macaroons – Pippis In the Kitchen Again
- Homemade Caramel Sauce – Chocolate Moosey
- Easy Chocolate Chilli Fudge – Soni’s Food for Thought
- White-Chocolate Raspberry Puff Pastry Doughnuts – The Weekend Gourmet
- Candified Bananas on a Stick – Gotta Get Baked
- Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars – In The Kitchen With KP
- Broccoli and Feta Frittata – Kwistin’s Favorites
- Chocolate-Caramel Ice Cream – Basic N Delicious
- Pumpkin and Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake – Baker Street
- Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn – Mom’s Test Kitchen
Strawberry Frozen Yogurt (adapted from Just One Cookbook):
Yields 2 quarts
- 1 pound strawberries, halved
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine strawberries, yogurt, sour cream, sugar, lemon juice and salt in blender until smooth.
Pour mixture into the bowl of an ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions, about 25 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until ready to serve.