Raspberry Orange Muffins
The perfect way to start your mornings with these fluffy muffins loaded with juicy raspberries and a hit of orange goodness!
Happy Monday, everyone. Well, technically it’s not a happy Monday because Mondays suck but I hope I can make it a little bit better with this week’s Muffin Monday. But before I get into that, can we talk about Dexter? I’m like 6 years behind but I just finished the first season today and it is amazing! I don’t know why it took me so long to finally watch it. I am completely hooked, watching episode after episode and skipping my daily showers (yeah, it’s pretty bad), so if my posts become irregular, you’ll know why.
Now about these muffins. They’re light, moist and refreshingly fruity. There’s also a bit of wheat in here so it’s definitely a bit more healthy than all of the other muffins I normally post about. Plus, that crunchy sugar topping just puts it over the top, letting you indulge just a tiny bit. I already had about 3 of these as soon as they came out of the oven but I think I should save the rest for breakfast tomorrow!
So here’s how you make this:
As always, we’ll start with the dry ingredients – both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. If you don’t have whole wheat pastry flour, you can substitute all-purpose flour.
Next comes the wet ingredients – yogurt, butter, eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
We’ll pour the wet to dry, using a rubber spatula to make sure we don’t overwork the batter.
Then we’ll stir in some fresh (or frozen) raspberries.
Go ahead and divide the batter up into the muffin tray and then sprinkling on some of that raw sugar on top.
Pop these babies into the oven for about 13-15 minutes. You’ll have such an amazing smell in the house while these are baking.
You should let these cool on a wire rack, or dig into the babies. I gorged on these right out of the oven and it was amazing.
Muffin Monday is an initiative by Baker Street. A culinary journey of sharing a wickedly delicious muffin recipe every week. Drop in a quick line to join her on her journey to make the world smile and beat glum Monday mornings week after week.
One year ago: Zucchini Rice
Raspberry Orange Muffins
The perfect way to start your morning with these fluffy muffins loaded with juicy raspberries and a hint of orange goodness!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 cup raspberries
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter, eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
- Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until moist.
- Add raspberries and gently toss to combine.
- Scoop the batter evenly into the muffin tray. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Place into oven and bake for 13-15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.