Herb Grilled Vegetables
I was in search for a side dish to complement the Duck with Orange Gastrique. I didn’t want to make something too complicated so this recipe was perfect. It was simple, quick, flavorful, and healthy.
Herb Grilled Vegetables (adapted from Food Network):
Yields 2 servings
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red or green pepper, cut into wide strips (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup large mushrooms
Stir the broth, thyme and black pepper in a small bowl. Brush the vegetables with the broth mixture.
Lightly oil the grill rack and heat the grill to medium. Grill the vegetables for 10 minutes or until they’re tender-crisp, turning over once during cooking and brushing often with the broth mixture.