English-Muffin Breakfast Pizza
I wanted to make something different than the usual eggs and bacon breakfast so this recipe was perfect. It required such little ingredients and I just loved that it included mozzarella (my favorite cheese). I also got to use the basil leaves from my beautiful, overflowing basil plant. Best of all, this dish was simple, healthy, hearty, and tasted delicious!
English-Muffin Breakfast Pizza (adapted from Ellie Krieger):
Yields 2 servings
- 2 English muffins, split
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thin slices (1 ounce) Canadian bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh basil, for garnish
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a small baking sheet with foil; set aside.
Place the English muffin halves cut-side up and top each with tomato, drizzle with olive oil, and season with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Sprinkle Canadian bacon over the tomatoes.
Top with mozzarella.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.