Loaded with eggs, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, avocado and melted cheese, you’ll have these freezer-friendly breakfast taquitos ready in just 2 minutes!
Do you remember your first taquito experience? Mine was back in the 8th grade. I was attending one of those day-long Korean academies during the summer, which I absolutely hated, to get ahead in my studies for the upcoming school year. But this academy was in the same plaza as a Staples, a 99-cent store and an El Pollo Loco. My mom would give me about $5-10 to buy lunch during break time so when we all went over to El Pollo Loco, I tried one of these taquitos that my teacher really liked and boy, was I in heaven.
Since then, I’ve been obsessed with taquitos, especially when I make it at home because I don’t have to skimp on the fillings. The only thing is, I really don’t get to make it as much as I want to. That’s where these breakfast taquitos come in.
These babies are freezer-friendly so I can actually make a ton of them! Simply bake these according to the directions listed below and freeze them so you can fulfill you taquito cravings any time. They definitely come in handy in the mornings where I can pop these into the oven for about 20-30 minutes, take a shower and then indulge in a cheesy, breakfast taquito loaded with eggs, Italian sausage, sun dried tomatoes and avocado. It’s a breakfast of champions!
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
You’ll have these freezer-friendly breakfast taquitos ready in just 2 minutes!
- 10-12 corn tortillas, softened
- 3 large eggs, scrambled
- 6 ounces spicy Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/4 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Working one at a time, transfer tortilla to a work surface; place eggs, sausage, sun dried tomatoes, avocado and cheddar cheese in the center of each wrapper. Bring the bottom edge of the tortilla tightly over the filling, rolling from bottom to top until the top of the tortilla is reached. Repeat with remaining tortilla and filling.
- Place taquitos seam side down onto prepared baking sheet and bake until taquitos are crisp and cheese has melted, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.