Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
Goat cheese is one of my favorite cheeses, especially because of its texture, so I was immediately hooked when I came across this recipe. I substituted the corn tortilla with whole wheat and served it with a side of spicy sour cream dipping sauce from the Bacon-Wrapped Potato Bites, which paired perfectly together. Best of all, it was simple, quick, hearty, and healthy!
Black Bean and Goat Cheese Quesadillas (adapted from Martha Stewart):
Yields 2 servings
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained (3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup corn kernels (from 1 ear of corn)
- 1 scallion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 six-inch corn or whole wheat tortillas
Mash beans in a medium bowl until chunky.
Add goat cheese, tomato, corn, scallions, and oregano.
Season with salt and pepper, and stir until well combined.
Heat a grill pan over medium heat.
Spread 3/4 cup bean mixture evenly over 1 tortilla.
Top with another tortilla. Repeat with remaining bean mixture and tortillas.
Raise heat to medium-high.
Grill quesadillas, 1 or 2 at time, until grill marks appear and filling is hot, about 2 minutes per side.