Baked Tomato Bruschetta
Enjoy the last days of summer with these bruschetta bites that are made with natural, fresh ingredients with melt-in-your-mouth mozzarella!
Lunch is the most important meal of the day for me – mainly because I skimp on breakfast and dinner is reserved for more low-calorie type meals so lunchtime is when I can REALLY indulge. But according to a survey by Right Management, only 1/3 of American workers take a lunch break and another third spend lunch at their desks! So I am thrilled to be a part of Sargento’s “Take A Real Lunch” campaign to take back our lunch hour to refuel our minds and bodies with natural, fresh-tasting ingredients. With natural ingredients like Sargento’s mozzarella sliced cheese, crusty bread slices, fresh cherry tomatoes and basil leaves, I can make this simple bruschetta that comes together in just 15 minutes! And even if you’re stuck at work and without an oven, you can simply add a slice of Sargento’s mozzarella cheese and melt that right on the bread in your microwave for about 30 seconds! Then you can spoon on that refreshing tomato-basil mixture before diving right in. Now who said you had to skimp lunch at work?
Baked Tomato Bruschetta
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Enjoy the last days of summer with these melt-in-your-mouth mozzarella bruschetta bites!
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 slices Sargento Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place baguette slices onto prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Top each baguette slice with mozzarella cheese. Place into oven and bake for 4-6 minutes, or until cheese has melted.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top each baguette slice with tomato mixture, garnished with basil.
- Serve immediately.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
Disclosure: This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sargento Foods, Inc. for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.